This week’s Tech Talk was: iThings
This week, we met together to discuss apps and "apptivities!" Here are some of the fun things that were mentioned –
- I have been looking for apps that are similar to Blabberize and Voki for a long time, and I feel like these are a great alternative for the iDevices. In addition, they will have you laughing for hours! I could see them being a great addition to a Daily 5 Read to Self center…as long as the kids don’t get too carried away! 🙂 The first one is Mad Lips Free – Add lips to a character and narrate. It reminds me of those eTrade commercials! And the 2nd is Morfo – Use your face (or someone else’s) and watch how animated it becomes when you add voice! So much fun!!!
- Magisto – This app reminds me a bit of Animoto. Easy video editing! I don’t think it’ll be free for long so get it while it lasts!
- Dr. Seuss Cat Cam – I really wish I would’ve discovered this app a week ago, but better late than never, right! Happy Birthday, Dr. Seuss!
- Electric Company Party Game – a multi-player game that incorporate 1st and 2nd grade math and literacy curricula
- Electric Company – Feel Electric! – This would be a great app to help students understand feelings. It allows children to identify how they feel each day.
- Toca Boca Apps – lots of apps for creative play!
- Pic Stitch – An option if you have a need for photo collages.
- Pic Collage – An option if you have a need for photo collages.
- iMotion HD – a great option for students that want to create stop animation movies.
Moshi Retro Handset – A great low cost addition to any Daily 5 center! Use the retro handset to record and listen to audio. The kids will LOVE it!
Have a great weekend!