Once upon a time, I did a Tech Talk on YouTube. (Can you tell I’m a little behind?) 🙂
I’ve had the pleasure of learning many awesome things from YouTube gurus in the past few months. Their presentations are available here –
- TIES – YouTube in the Classroom by Molly Schroeder
- Midwest Google Summit – YouTube in the Classroom by Mark Garrison
- Midwest Google Summit – Images before Words by Ben Friesen
Here are some of the best things I’ve taken away from their presentations –
- YouTube EDU – This part of YouTube is now OPEN for students!
- YouTube Teachers – over 700,000 high quality educational videos from over 800 channels.
- Insert “wait time” into your videos – https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=fnPkd9y04_Y#!
- Creating a playlist of videos in YouTube –
- Edit your videos in Youtube! http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_87488&feature=iv&src_vid=gDd0fI3f5TE&v=KxzRSiVcV7s
- Ed Ted – the best Ted Talks turned into videos with some flipped education built right in.
- 10 Ways for Teachers to Use YouTube
- Even MORE YouTube video editors!
Everyone in WDP automatically has a YouTube account through Google Apps for Ed, but you may need to set up your channel. (Keep in mind, you cannot change your name after it is set.) I am more than willing to help you set this up if you need any assistance.