This week’s Tech Talk was: Classroom Organizer
Special thanks to Steph Krahn for helping me out this week!
Classroom Organizer is a way to set up your classroom library check-out system so that it is completely run by the students. It is FREE!!
Here are the highlights:
- As a teacher, you will need to set up an account and enter your students.
- You will need to input all of your books (you can type manually or use the bar code numbers with a camera)
- You can add GR levels, Lexile levels, etc.
- Inputting the books is time consuming – but could be a great job for a parent volunteer.
- Your students check out and return books under their name. They are responsible for all putting the book back!
- You can view reports to see the levels your kids are reading, length of checkout, etc. This could be very helpful to show you or parents if kids aren’t choosing good fit books.