This week’s Tech Talk is: Google Chrome
Which Internet Browser is your favorite? Internet Explorer? Mozilla Firefox? Safari? Google Chrome? If you’ve switched to Gmail and haven’t checked out Google Chrome yet…you’re missing out!
Chrome isn’t just a web browser. It offers many extensions and applications that can increase productivity. Chrome allows you to sync your Google account so that you can log in from any computer and continue to use the same bookmarks, extensions, and apps. To get started with customizing Chrome, just click on the little wrench in the upper right hand corner of the browser. The drop down menu with give you options to check your history and change many of the options that come with the web browser.
Here are some resources that may help you understand Chrome –
- The Google address bar is also a search bar!
- Stacy Behmer had a fantastic presentation on Google Chrome at the Midwest Google Summit in November. I encourage you to check out her presentation! There are several extension/app recommendations in her slideshow.
- Chrome videos from the Google YouTube Channel
Here are some of my favorite Chrome extensions/Apps –
- Google Dictionary (by Google)
- Screen Capture (by Google)
- Checker Plus for Gmail
- TweetDeck (for Twitter Users)
If you are familiar with Chrome, which ones would you add to my list of favorites?